Friday, March 25, 2016

Makes my heart smile


You know that time when a former student contacts you out of the blue and makes your Friday evening?

Well, that happened to me tonight.  <3

I do not know about you, but I have often thought about where my former students might be, what grade they are in, what they have become, and what would I say to them?  Well, I was reminded that I have said enough...all that has to be said has been said...my biggest impact was already made every single day he/she was in our classroom.  No shows.  No gimmicks.  No fake warm wishes.

When I received the prized message, my husband and I were in the middle of flipping through the channels to find a show to watch after a long and tiring day of potty training and also work.  I will leave it to you to decide who was doing what.  ;-)

Anyways, before we could decide on a show to watch while we cuddled on the couch, a ding occurred on my phone.  I decided to glance, even though I really did not want to.

Well, as soon as I reached for my phone to look at Facebook Messenger, I was elated that I did.
Through messages back and forth, I found out this former student is studying elementary education.  My heart is so full.  I teach for these relationships and memories, impressions and inspiration.  This is the real reason I teach.  #foreverateacher



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post. Playgroup school in Nagpur are many but we are one of the best and unique playgroup school at Nagpur. Come and visit us or contact 7304252216.

    ReplyDelete